Dear Friends of the Stampede,
As you may know, April 18-26 is World Week for Animals in Labs. There’s lots of ways we can be involved in improving the lives of these animals — and ultimately seeing them free. Our friends in the No New Animal Lab campaign at the University of Washington have reached out in particular. Construction crews have broken ground on the new lab there, but it will be many months before the facility will be complete.
That’s time enough for us to make sure no animal ever has to suffer inside.
If you can make it to Seattle, organizers are calling for support at two events:
- PACK THE COURTROOM: Hearing in lawsuit against UW Regents!
- Friday, April 24th, 9:00am
- Hearing in the lawsuit against the UW Board of Regents for their vote for the ARCF March on the University of Washington
- March on the University of Washington
- Saturday, April 25th, 2:00pm
- Mass rally, demonstration, and march through the campus of UW and streets of Seattle
If you cannot make it to Seattle and would like to participate in local events, please email us at DCStampede@gmail.com. And wherever you are, you can participate in our photo campaign!
Let’s keep up the pressure and get Skanska to DROP THE CONTRACT!